Northern Railway Recruitment 2017
The Northern Railway requires applications from eligible and skilled candidates for the posts of Goods Guard and Assistant Station Master around 270 vacancies. Interested candidates can apply online from the official website and submit the application form on or before 20th January 2017. Application forms shall be sent via online mode.
The Northern Railway is one among the 17 Railway Zones in India. It is located in the northernmost part of the Indian Railways. It was created on 14 April 1952. Its headquarters is situated in the New Delhi region of India. The Railway Zone was formed by the smooth merging of the Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). It was the first Railway zone to introduce the computerised passenger reservation system in the year of 1952 April 14.
Detailed Specification of Northern Railway Recruitment 2017
Name of the Recruiter: Northern Railway
Name of the Posts: Goods Guard and Assistant Station Master
Total Vacancies: 270
- Goods Guard: 102 Posts
- Assistant Station Master: 168 Posts
Mode of Application: Online
Educational Qualification: Candidates should hold a Graduation in any stream or its equivalent from any recognised Board/ University.
Age Limit: The maximum age of the candidates should not be greater than 42 years.
Salary Range: Appointed candidates will receive a regular remuneration ranging from Rs. 5200/- to Rs. 20200/- along with a Grade Pay of Rs. 2800/- on a monthly basis.
Selection Process: Candidates are recruited by analysing their performance in the Written test followed by the Personal Interview.
Call letters indicating the date, time and venue of the Interview will be issued to the qualified candidates of the Written Test.
Application Fee: Refer the official notification
Last Date for Submitting Application: 20th January 2017
Official Website: www.rrcnr.org
Procedure for Applying Northern Railway Recruitment 2017
- Explore for the official website portal of the Northern Railway i.e. www.rrcnr.org
- From the Home page window move to the Career page
- Go to the notification link corresponding to the post of the recruitment
- Read and understand all the guidelines and instructions needed for the filling up of the application form clearly.
- Fill up the application form with relevant data
- Transfer the scanned copy of images viz; passport sized photographs, signatures, relevant certificates or documents, etc. in the prescribed format if needed.
- Examine the application form and click on the Submit key.
- Retain a printout of the application form for further reference.