Northern Railway Recruitment 2017
Northern Railway invites application from eligible and skilled candidates for the post of Goods Guard and Assistant Station Master around 270 vacancies. Interested candidates can apply online from the official website and submit the application form on or before 20 January 2017. Application forms should be submitted in online mode.
The Northern Railways is one among the 17 Railway zones of India. It was established on 14th April 1952. Its headquarters is situated in New Delhi. It is the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. The formation of Northern Railway was made possible by the merging of Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and the three divisions of the East Indian Railway. The first passenger railway line was operated on 3rd March 1859.
Detailed Specification of Northern Railway Recruitment 2017
Name of the Recruiter: Northern Railway
Name of the Post: Goods Guard and Assistant Station Master
Total Vacancies: 270
- Goods Guard: 102 Posts
- Assistant station master: 168 Posts
Mode of Application: Online mode
Job Location: North India
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed Graduation in any discipline or its equivalent from any recognised Board/ University.
Age Limit: The maximum age of the candidates should not exceed 42 years. Age relaxation will be given to selected candidates as per the rules of the organisation.
Salary Range: Selected candidates will get an initial fixed remuneration starting from Rs. 5200 to 20200/- with a Grade Pay of Rs. 2800/- on a monthly basis.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected by their performance in the Written Test and Personal Interview.
Call letters will be provided for the successful candidates of the Written Test. Call letters contain all the necessary details regarding the venue, time and date of the Interview.
Application Fee: Refer the Official Notification
Last Date for Submitting Application: 20 January 2017
Official Website: www.rrcnr.org
Procedure for Applying Northern Railway Recruitment 2017
- Log in to the official website portal of Northern Railway i.e. www.rrcnr.org
- Redirect to the Career page from the Home page
- Click on the notification link corresponding to the post of the recruitment.
- Read and understand all the instructions and guidelines regarding the filling up of the application form carefully.
- Start filling the application form with required information
- Upload scanned copy of images viz; passport sized photographs, signatures, relevant documents or certificates, etc. if necessary
- Verify the application form to correct any mistakes and click on the Submit key.
- Take a printout of the application form for further reference.